Monday, March 9, 2009

A Little More Rain

We took Drew into urgent care tonight and he has an ear infection and pink eye. I am thinking this storm has got to ease up a little. When he got home he said "But Mommy the doctor, he not get rid of my bumps in my eyes." I told him we would get rid of them, we just had to keep fighting. We will soon be going to St. Jude's to get help!

Please keep Jack in your prayers. This is already been very hard on him. Lots of tears and wanting to go with us. They do not let siblings under 12 come along. My heart breaks for Jack. It is hard to be a mother torn between her two boys. He is so strong and I am so proud of him. This is not fair at all, but life is not always fair. We will update the blog when we get home from St. Jude's.

Thanks to Brinks Security Company the house is now fully secured! Hopefully this should be the end of the rain storm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Giulianis,
I'm SO SORRY to read about all your rain! I hope you are under the St. Jude umbrella this week and getting the answers/direction you need!

Please let us know if there is anything our Rb family can do to help! We're working hard to raise funds for Children's Cancer Research via our Time to Fly team "Eye Love Retinoblastoma Survivors!" but if there is anything more personal PLEASE don't hesitate to ask!

JoAnne, Keith, Logan and Jenna Kroeker

Anonymous said...

You guys! I have been thinking of you since we saw you last month at the EUA. I am so sorry that Drew's tumor started up again. We both got shockers that day.

You may end up with Minnesota friends in Memphis each month. We meet with Dr. Neglia tomorrow.

Heidi- I so understand your pain as a mother torn between two kids. I've been feeling that so much lately. You are an awesome mom and are doing the very best that you can.

Praying for you and wishing you smoother sailing.

Gini and Mike Breidenbach

Anonymous said...

Heidi, Tony, Jack & Drew,
We are all pulling for you over here. You have amazing strength and you will continue to weather this storm with hope, love and patience. You are role models for the rest of the parents out in this world (especially me)! And Jack, hang on buddy ... you know your brother needs you and is so lucky to have you, even if you can't be there with him! Wishing you the best outcomes possible as you start this journey again.