Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 4 - All is Well

Everything is going well here at St. Jude's. We are scheduled to remove the plaque tomorrow. They will put Drew to sleep, remove it, and discharge later that day if all is well. We will come home Wednesday. Drew is doing extremely well. He is such a trooper. Of course all the presents, candy and attention is helping. Tony and I are holding up well, with the exception of a lack of caffiene. I miss my Jamba Juice every morning to wake me up:)

A special thanks to our families for watch Jack while we are gone. He has a cold and possibly an ear infection, but is in good spirits. For those of you who know us well, anytime we are away from the kids they get sick. I think it is a subconcious way of missing us. We appreciate everyone looking out for him. We miss him lots and can't wait to get home to him. We talk to him every day, and he hasn't missed us yet.

Thank you for everyone'e continued prayers and thoughts. We are almost through this bend in the road. There is a saying "When you are going through hell, keep on going". I think we might just be on the other side soon!!!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy late Valentine's to one of the biggest sweeties I know. We're back from Hawaii - the whales and dolphins wanted me to tell you "aloha" which means "hello" in Hawaii. I was so glad to see a picture of you smiling and to hear that you have so many new stuffed animal friends. I can't wait to hear about them. I love you and miss you tons and can't wait to see you. All my love, prayers, hugs & kisses to you ... and to your special mommy & daddy too! We have all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Mom and Dad said...

We hope all continues to go well. Especially today when the patch is removed. We think about you guys every minute of the day. Keep fighting hard Drewbug. Love you all.
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

We are happy to hear that things are going well. Good luck today hopefully drew won't wake up swearing again. we will be thinking of you.

Love you

Beth, Mike, Halle, Blake, Bella and Buddy